NEXT SESSION: Starts February 2, 2021 *VIRTUAL COURSE*
*This course will be offered virtually. This means that there are scheduled class meeting times for students to utilize Zoom and access live instruction online*
Learn the techniques and processes to plan an event from start to finish, no matter the occasion. Students will learn the difference between strategy, planning, and execution for a successful event. Topics will include:
- Types of Events, including "virtual"
- Planning Basics
- Creating Agendas
- Managing Planning Committees
- Determining a Budget
- Guest Lists & Registration
- Volunteer Management
- Choosing Appropriate Venues, Vendors, & Catering
- Day-Of Considerations
- External Factors
- Soliciting for Sponsorships, Donations, & Permits
8 weeks, February 2 - March 9, 2021
Tuesdays from 6:15 - 8:15 pm
- Complete your registration form and email it to LHagen@rcc.mass.edu
- Once we receive your registration form, your Program Manager will email you a confirmation with information on how to make your payemnt.
- After your bill has been paid, you will receive an email with class information one week before the start of class.
Registration Deadline: January 24, 2021
For More Information
Instructor Spotlight: Shana Bryant
is the CEO and Founder of Shana Bryant Consulting. As a single mom, she discovered her knack for organization by becoming a team mom. After numerous frustrations around “who wasn’t bringing the oranges,” Shana began organizing the chaos of team events. Her passions led her to helping small businesses create flawless, high-impact functions through education, training, and curated experiences.
*This is a non-credit course and runs subject to enrollment. We encourage early registrations.
Refunds: If you wish to drop the course and request a refund, you must submit a request by email at least one business day before the start of your first class. No refunds will be given after this time, and partial refunds will not be given for absences or scheduling conflicts.
If your course is canceled by the College due to low enrollment or for any other reason, your full amount paid will be refunded to you.