MassReconnect: Free Community College for Adults 25+
What is MassReconnect?
MassReconnect is a program to fund free community college for adults 25 and older
who do not already have a college degree.
Who is eligible?
Students will be eligible for MassReconnect, if it’s approved, if they:
- Have been a permanent legal resident of the Commonwealth for at least one year at
start of the enrolled term
- Have not previously received an associate or bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Enroll in at least six credits per semester in an approved program of study leading
to an associate degree or certificate
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
What would be covered under MassReconnect?
- Tuition and fees would be covered if MassReconnect is approved and students would
receive a stipend to pay for books and supplies.
How to Enroll
Have questions in the meantime?
Recipients who are later determined to be ineligible for MassReconnect may be billed
for disbursed funds.