NEXT SESSION: March 24, 2020
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is an essential skill, regardless of your field. Acquire the confidence to communicate well as you learn to craft and improve your writing and oral presentations.
Throughout the course, you will:
- Study elements of effective communication: proofreading, clarity, organization, tone
- Identify and target your audience
- Develop brainstorming techniques to start writing
- Practice crafting the most common business formats: Emails, memos, and letters
- Learn to write more concisely and quickly
- Create effective PowerPoint slides to support a short presentation
- Understand basic graphic rules of thumb: color, background, text, images, formatting
- Have the opportunity to make a short presentation to put your newly acquired skills into practice
- Gain confidence to communicate verbally and/or in writing
8 weeks | Tuesdays, 6 - 8 pm | March 24 - May 12, 2020
We accept checks, money orders, credit and debit cards. (No cash)
Deadline to Register:
March 13, 2020 (spots permitting)
Students should have basic computer skills. No additional textbooks are required to purchase.
To register or for more information:
Lise Hagen Snow - Lifelong Learning
Community Program Manager: Lifelong Learning
Telephone: (857) 701-1605 | Email: LHagen@rcc.mass.edu
*This is a non-credit Lifelong Learning course and runs subject to enrollment. We encourage early registrations.
There are no refunds once the course begins. If you change your mind and wish to request a refund, please contact us at least one business day prior to your course start date. You will receive your amount paid, minus the non-refundable $30 registration fee. No refunds will be given once the course begins, and partial refunds will not be given for absences or scheduling conflicts.
If your course is canceled by the College due to low enrollment or for any other reason, your full amount paid (including the registration fee) will be refunded to you.