All currently enrolled RCC students, faculty, staff, administration, and students at other Massachusetts public colleges are eligible to apply for borrowing privileges. Please present your current RCC photo ID card (or current Massachusetts public college ID card) at the Circulation Desk to apply. The Library will add your information to our system. At that time, a student's @roxbury.edu email address becomes their library user name; the last 4 digits of the student ID number is used as a password/pin to access library resources. Faculty and staff will use their @rcc.mass.edu email address and 4-digit pin number to access the library.
Since RCC is a member of the Higher Education Libraries of Massachusetts (HELM) network, persons with an RCC Library card also have borrowing privileges at HELM and FLO libraries.
- Fifty items may be borrowed at a time.
- Faculty members may borrow media materials and equipment for classroom presentations.
- Students may use media materials within the library.
- Reference books and periodicals do not circulate and must be used within the Library.
|Books||28 days||End of semester|
- All borrowed materials and equipment should be returned to the Library's circulation desk and be checked in by a library staff member or placed in the book return box outside the library.
- Library materials may be renewed for one additional loan period (14 days for students, 28 days for faculty and staff) unless requested by another patron.
- You may renew materials in person at the Circulation Desk, by telephone by calling 857-701-1380. You may also renew electronically. Select Books then select My Account and then Items Out. You will need your User ID (RCC email address) and PIN number.
- There are no overdue fines accrued for late items, however, fees for lost or damaged items will still be charged.
- Lost items should be reported immediately in order to avoid additional late charges.
- Borrowers are charged the replacement cost of lost or damaged items.
- Patrons may request that up to 20 currently circulating items be held for them at the Circulation Desk when returned.
- You may place a hold in person at the Circulation Desk or by telephone by calling 857-701-1380. You may also place a hold electronically. Select Books then select the Place Request icon for the book that you want to order or hold. You will need your User ID (RCC email address) and PIN number.
- When the item is available, patrons are notified by email. Materials are held at the Circulation Desk for ten (10) days.