RCC Library Resources Available On Campus
It is no longer necessary to make an appointment If you wish to study on campus, use a library computer, microscope, or other equipment. You may come in or make an appointment to meet with a librarian.
Borrowing Physical Materials You may now come to the library to browse, search, and borrow materials, along with the option to put them on hold through the catalog and pick them up when you are on campus. When you're finished with your materials, you may bring them to the circulation desk, or place them in the book drop outside building 3.
RCC Library Resources Available Remotely (off campus)
Research questions/Help: Reference will be available in person and real-time chat during the library's open hours.
Reserves: The library has some textbooks that have been placed on reserve by professors. Please check your syllabus, or go to http://libguides.rcc.mass.edu/c.php?g=1020517
Research Databases: The Library has over 60 different research article databases, all accessible from home. Click on the link to view the list: http://www.rcc.mass.edu/library/databases-alphabetical-list
EBooks: The library has over 200,000 eBooks, all accessible from anywhere.
- Ebook Central includes 30,000 online books. This is the “community college” collection, of interest to students and faculty at 2-year colleges. All books are simultaneously available to all RCC users. ·
- EBSCO eBook Collectionoffers thousands of eBooks from a wide variety of disciplines including science, history, engineering, education, and more.
- R2 Digital Libraryis a leading eBook platform optimized for the health sciences. A comprehensive collection of medical, nursing, and allied health sources with seminal and specialized titles.
- New! EBSCO Academic Collection eBooks: includes over 200,000 ebooks on a wide variety of topics.
Streaming Videos: Students, faculty, and staff have access to over 100,000 streaming videos from three separate services.
- Academic Video Online is the most comprehensive video subscription available to libraries. It delivers more than 64,000 titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more.
- Kanopy streams thousands of titles including classic cinema, documentaries, independent movies, and foreign films.
JoVE Science Education offers quality videos. These simple, easy-to-understand video demonstrations cover a wide range of STEM subjects.
Research Guides: We offer over a hundred research guides to help you find resources. To access them, go to http://libguides.rcc.mass.edu/guideshome
Tutorials: The library has several tutorials to help you do your research. To access them, go to http://www.rcc.mass.edu/library/research-help/tutorials