Handshake is the ultimate career network and recruiting platform for college students and alumni. Handshake employer partners can easily post jobs, participate in career fairs, and proactively search and engage with students and alumni.
How to Get Started with Handshake
STEP 1: Create Your User Account
If you've received an invite from a school or a colleague, you can follow the link to take you to the account creation process. If you're signing up without an invite, go HERE to create an employer account. Please use your work email to create an account.
STEP 2: Join Your Existing Account, or Create a New One
If your company is already in Handshake, it should pull up based on the domain of your email address.
If your company isn’t already in Handshake, you should see the option to “Create New Company” on the right side of the screen.
STEP 3: Request to Connect with Schools
You must request and receive approval from a school prior to posting jobs there. It can take 5-7 business days to receive approval from Roxbury Community College.
STEP 4: Post Jobs
Important information about posting for credit internship positions
Employers who would like to post for credit internship positions have to get prior approval. Please click HERE for more information on the internship approval process.
How do I create an account?
Please review How to Create a User Account
How do I become an approved for academic credit internship host site?
Please click HERE for more information on the internship approval process.
How do I post a job?
Please review How to Post a Job
How long will it take for my account to be approved?
Pending employer approvals will be approved within 5-7 business days.
- How to Create a New Company Profile
- School Network Management: Requesting, Adding, and Removing Schools
- How to Register for a Career Fair
- Employer Help Center
Employer Policies and Guidelines.
Roxbury Community college promotes the Principles of Professional Practice as outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. We reserve the right to refuse service to any company or organization whose business we believe is of a nature that is not appropriate for our students and alumni, nor consistent with the mission of Roxbury Community College.
Employers agree to the following employer statements of responsibility:
- Abide by Handshakes terms of service.
- All positions requiring a fee for training are unacceptable.
- Provide accurate information about your organization and employment opportunities.
- Employment professionals must advise the Career Center of any test conducted on campus. They must advise students of the type and purpose of any test that is required in the recruitment process and to whom the test results will be disclosed.
- Roxbury Community College strongly encourages employers to compensate interns. Companies should thoroughly explore options for financial compensation. Companies positing unpaid internships must make it clear that the position is unpaid.
- Honor all offers of employment to candidates.
- Serving alcohol should not be part of the recruitment process.
- Maintain equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance and follow affirmative action principles in recruiting activities.