|RCC Internships/Host Sites|
For Job Postings or Work Study Inquiries:
- To post an opportunity please fill out an Employer Inquiry Form in order to receive next steps.
- We also encourage you to email the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in a Work Study Partnership, you must contact Lerick Fanfanx, Coordinator of Financial Aid, at email@example.com
For Credit Based Internship students need to complete a minimum of 150 hours.
For Non-Credit based internships- students must be compensated.
To get more involved with us:
- For Career Fairs, Speaker Series and Other Volunteer opportunities, please indicate on an Employer Inquiry Form
- or contact the Coordinator of Cooperative Education.
- To learn how to register to interact with our Students Directly, check out Career Gateway
Internships Process Breakdown:
- Fill out Employer Inquiry Form in order to provide a description of your organization and internship description
- Coordinator will follow up to begin partnership building (additional registration) and determine which students to refer over.
- Interview Candidates and provide an offer.
- Fill out the appropriate RCC Internship Agreement (Credit or Non-Credit)
- Train and oversee student(s)
- Support students with documenting their experience in Weekly Timesheet and Journals.
- Support students with preparing their Internships Showcase presentation.
- Host Coordinator and/or Faculty Advisor for a site visit
- Evaluate intern/co-op student and program using appropriate Evaluation forms
For specific department academic outcomes see Faculty Advisor
- Develop technical skills and professional communications in a work setting.
- Understand industry and organizational structures, culture, and ethics.
- Apply and reflect on the connections to academic theory and practice.
- Strengthen critical thinking, research skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Develop awareness of self, others, and social responsibility in a work, career, and global context.
- Establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references.