facebook twitter

RCC Admissions - Request More Information

Dual Enrollment

Fall 2017 Hours - September 6, 2017 - December 22, 2017

Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm

How to Apply for Dual Enrollment
  1. Complete a Dual Enrollment (DE) application signed by a school official indicating a course preference. For students under 18, a parent or guardian's signature is required.
  2. Bring an official High School Transcript to the Enrollment Center, Building 2, Room 102.
  3. Take the RCC placement exam. Students must place into a college-level course and meet the course pre-requisites. Placement tests are held in Building 3, Room 351 (Academic Building). Call Enrollment Center at (617) 541-5310 for placement test dates.
  4. Students may mail completed applications or deliver them to the Enrollment Center, 1234 Columbus Avenue, Roxbury, MA 02120. The Enrollment Center is located in Building 2, Room 102 (Administration Building).
Contact Us:

To learn more about Dual Enrollment at Roxbury Community College, please contact:

Enrollment Center
Temporary location: Building 3, Room 219
1234 Columbus Avenue
Roxbury, MA 02120

Primary Contact:  Jeremy Daley, Director of -Admissions

Tel: 857-701-1208

Email:  jdaley@rcc.mass.edu


Dual Enrollment Program at Roxbury Community College:

The Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Program (CDEP) provides opportunities for high school students to take college-level courses free of charge and simultaneously earn credit toward high school completion as well as their future college degrees through a discretionary state grant program.

What are the benefits of CDEP?

CDEP allows students the opportunity to enter their college careers already having earned college credit. This helps with the transition to college, allows student to get a head start on their college degrees, saving them time and money, and provides meaningful and challenging academic experiences.

If you apply for admission at one of the state's public colleges or universities, grades received in courses as part of CDEP receive additional weight in your high school GPA. The additional weight will be the same as that given for grades earned in Advanced Placement courses for the purpose of calculating the high school GPA. See the Department of Higher Education's Admissions Standards Guidebook (PDF) for more information on calculating the high school GPA.

Students who participate in CDEP are required to receive high school and college credit for the courses they successfully complete.

Who is eligible to participate?

To be eligible to participate, students must:

  • Be Massachusetts residents.
  • Be enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school or non-public school, including home school.
  • Meet all course prerequisites as required by the participating college or university campus. (Prerequisites are courses that a student must complete before taking a more advanced course in the subject area. For example, before you can take Calculus, you may have to take Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and Trigonometry. A course prerequisite could also include taking a college-level placement exam.)
  • Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
  • Not have earned a high school diploma or GED.

Although not a requirement for participation, colleges and universities are required to focus efforts on enrolling qualified students with particular emphasis on first-generation college students and students who are interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.

Students who meet eligibility guidelines are not guaranteed participation. Participation is at the discretion of the participating institution of higher education, subject to capacity constraints and state appropriation. A student with a high school diploma is not eligible to participate. This includes students who graduate in the spring of a given year and wish to enroll in a CDEP course held in the summer or any subsequent term.

What courses are available?

Participating students may enroll in eligible credit-bearing, college-level courses that:

  • Are listed in the participating institution's course catalog;
  • Count for no less than three college credits;
  • Are taught by college faculty;
  • Qualify under the MassTransfer Block, which includes the disciplines of behavioral and social sciences, humanities and fine arts, natural or physical science, English composition/writing, and mathematics/quantitative reasoning; or are within the disciplines of computer science, technology, or engineering; and
  • Take place on campus, online, or at a high school.

Ineligible courses include:

  • Remedial/developmental courses (including ESL).
  • Non-credit courses.
  • Physical education, fitness, or recreation courses.
  • First-year orientation
  • Courses that count for less than three college credits.

Are the courses guaranteed to transfer when I enroll in college after high school?

CDEP courses are limited to those that would qualify under the MassTransfer Block. These are generally first- and second-year college courses that institutions regard as highly transferable. These courses are not guaranteed to transfer, however. Students should contact the college or university in which they plan to enroll after high school to inquire about their transfer policy.

Where are courses offered?

Courses may be taught on the campuses of those institutions, on a high school campus, or online. Courses that are offered at the high school are called "contract courses" and are arranged through an agreement between the high school and the institution of higher education.

How many courses may I take?

Awards are limited to one course, but at the discretion of Roxbury Community College.

What credits will I earn for the courses I complete successfully?

Students must receive college and high school credit, documented on their college and high school transcripts, for the courses that they successfully complete. Students may be asked to collect signatures of college and high school administrators for this purpose.

The high school may count the CDEP course either as an elective or a required course. Participating higher education institutions and high schools are responsible for establishing written agreements that ensure that high school students receive credit from both the college and high school for courses completed as part of CDEP. Although not a requirement, the Department of Higher Education and Department of Elementary and Secondary Education suggest grades earned from CDEP courses are configured into the high school GPA and weighted the same as Advanced Placement (AP) courses.

What charges are covered through CDEP?

Students do not pay tuition or fees for courses taken through CDEP. Depending upon availability of funds the CDEP may pick up the costs of books.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF pdf icon1 files.

Apply on line for free

Coming Soon

Contact Us

Coming Soon

Steps to Apply

Fall 2017 Hours
(Sept. 6 - Dec. 22, 2017)

Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm

Prospective Students:  Come and learn about the enrollment process here at RCC at our General Information Session!

Guidance Counselors & Educators:  Schedule a group visit for your school or community organization now! 

BPS TuitionFree small

It only takes a few simple steps to enter the “Gateway to the Dream”.

Step 1: APPLY for Admission
Complete the Admissions Application to Roxbury Community College. To apply online for free, please click here. You can also come to the Enrollment Office during office hours to complete the admission application and meet with an Enrollment Counselor for guidance with the enrollment process. Campus tours are available to prospective students and their families. Contact Enrollment Services today to sign up for any of these events.

Step 2: Submit Official Transcripts

Submit official college transcript(s) if you plan to transfer credits to RCC. Transcripts for schools outside of the United States must be evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation agency to determine US equivalency.

Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Assistance is available to help you finance your education. Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. When completing the FAFSA online, be sure to list Roxbury Community College in the “schools information section.” Our code is 011930.  Once we have received your FAFSA, you will be notified of any additional requirements.

Step 4: Take the Academic Skills Assessment
All students must take the Academic Skills Assessment which measures your Reading, Writing, Math, and Science skills. Students with prior college credits to transfer may be eligible for a partial or full waiver of the assessment. For more information regarding the Assessment test, or the times and dates it is given, please visit the College Assessment webpage.

If you require testing accommodations or access services, students with documented disabilities are encouraged to contact Student Accessibility Services at 857-701-1410 or accessibility@rcc.mass.edu.

Step 5: Meet with an Advisor to Develop an Academic Plan and Register for Classes
Set up an appointment with the Advising Center in the Academic Building (Room 219, Building 3) to meet with an academic advisor to develop an Academic Plan before registering for courses to ensure your experience at RCC is as successful as possible. You can set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor online here. An up-to-date list of available classes can be found on the Credit Course Schedule.

Step 6: Attend New Student Orientation
New student orientation is held shortly before the start of each Fall and Spring semester. Attendance is mandatory for all new students. Please check the front page of the Roxbury Community College website for orientation dates.  To register for New Student Orientation, fill out our online form. 

Step 7: Show Proof of Immunization for all full-time students (12 or more credits)
Massachusetts General Law requires all full-time students (12 or more credits), and all Health Sciences and International Students to provide proof of immunization against specific diseases. The required immunizations are: Tdap (booster within the past ten years); two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella); three doses of Hepatitis B and two doses of varicella (chickenpox). Tuberculosis requirements must be completed by all Health Sciences students and International Students. The Enrollment Office will provide students with the Immunization and Medical History Form for completion by the health care provider and the Medical History Record Form for completion by the student.

Step 8: CONNECT with RCC on Facebook and Twitter for important updates, including Admissions, Registration and Financial Aid.

Contact Us:
The Enrollment Center
Temporary location: Academic Building (3), Room 219
Telephone: 857-701-1200
Email: enrollment.management@rcc.mass.edu