All currently enrolled RCC students, faculty, staff, administration, and students at other Massachusetts public colleges are eligible to apply for borrowing privileges. Please present your current RCC photo ID card (or current Massachusetts public college ID card) at the Circulation Desk to apply. The Library will affix a patron barcode to the back of the ID card. Since RCC is a member of the Metro Boston Library Network, persons with a Boston Public Library card also have borrowing privileges at RCC.
- Six items may be borrowed at a time.
- Faculty members may borrow media materials and equipment for classroom presentations.
- Students may use media materials within the library.
- Reference books and periodicals do not circulate and must be used within the Library.
- Patrons who lose their barcodes will be charged a $1.00 replacement fee.
- Books circulate for 28 days to students and 28 days to faculty and staff.
- Magazines and journals (any except current issue) may circulate for 28 days.
- Audio CD's circulate for 7 days.
- All borrowed materials and equipment should be returned to the Library's circulation desk and be checked in by a library staff member or placed in the book return box outside the library.
- Library books may be renewed for an additional 3 loan periods (28 days for students, 28 days for faculty and staff) unless requested by another patron.
- Fines must be paid on all overdue items before they may be renewed.
- You may renew a book in person at the Circulation Desk, by telephone by calling 617-541-5323. You may also renew electronically. Select Books then select My Account and then Items Out. You will need your User ID (barcode) number and PIN number.
- There are no overdue fines accrued for late items, however, fees for lost or damaged items will still be charged.
- Lost items should be reported immediately in order to avoid additional late charges.
- Borrowers are charged the replacement cost of lost or damaged items plus a processing fee of $15.00.
- Patrons may request that currently circulating items be held for them at the Circulation Desk when returned.
- You may place a hold in person at the Circulation Desk, by telephone by calling 617-541-5323. You may also place a hold electronically. Select Books then select the Place Request icon for the book that you want to order or hold. You will need your User ID (barcode) number and PIN number.
- When the item is available, patrons are notified by email. Materials are held at the Circulation Desk for ten (10) days.