RCC Library Resources Available Remotely (off campus)
Circulation: We will provide barcodes to students who need them by email. No print materials will be loaned or accepted for return during the closure. All due dates will be extended until the campus reopens.
Reserves: The library has found some reserve textbooks books online that are free to use. Please go to http://libguides.rcc.mass.edu/c.php?g=1020517
Research Databases: The Library has over 60 different research article databases, all accessible from home. Clink on link to view list: http://www.rcc.mass.edu/library/databases-alphabetical-list
EBooks: The library has over 60,000 eBooks, all accessible from home.
- Ebook Central includes 30,000 online books. This is the “community college” collection, of interest to students and faculty at 2-year colleges. All books are simultaneously available to all RCC users. ·
- EBSCO eBook Collectionoffers thousands of eBooks from a wide variety of disciplines including science, history, engineering, education, and more.
- R2 Digital Libraryis a leading eBook platform optimized for the health sciences. A comprehensive collection of medical, nursing, and allied health sources with seminal and specialized titles.
Streaming Videos: Students, faculty, and staff have access to over 100,000 streaming videos from two separate services.
- Academic Video Online is the most comprehensive video subscription available to libraries. It delivers more than 64,000 titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more.
- Kanopy streams thousands of titles including classic cinema, documentaries, independent movies, and foreign films.
JoVE Science Education offers videos that are free until June. When you go to the website for the first time, click "Log In" at the top of the page, then click "Sign Up." Create your JoVE account using your school email address and make a new password.
Research Guides: We offer over a hundred research guides to help you find resources. To access them, go to http://libguides.rcc.mass.edu/guideshome
Tutorials: The library has several tutorials to help you do your research. To access them, go to http://www.rcc.mass.edu/library/research-help/tutorials