RCC Library Resources Available Remotely (off campus)
- Virtual library drop-in hours for help every Monday at 2PM: Library Drop-in
Circulation: We will provide barcodes to students who need them by email. You can request physical materials using this form. You will receive an email message when the materials are ready to pick up at the library. Materials may be returned to the outdoor book drop near the entrance to building 3.
Reserves: The library has found some reserve textbooks books online that are free to use. Please go to http://libguides.rcc.mass.edu/c.php?g=1020517
Research Databases: The Library has over 60 different research article databases, all accessible from home. Click on the link to view the list: http://www.rcc.mass.edu/library/databases-alphabetical-list
EBooks: The library has over 60,000 eBooks, all accessible from home.
- Ebook Central includes 30,000 online books. This is the “community college” collection, of interest to students and faculty at 2-year colleges. All books are simultaneously available to all RCC users. ·
- EBSCO eBook Collectionoffers thousands of eBooks from a wide variety of disciplines including science, history, engineering, education, and more.
- R2 Digital Libraryis a leading eBook platform optimized for the health sciences. A comprehensive collection of medical, nursing, and allied health sources with seminal and specialized titles.
Streaming Videos: Students, faculty, and staff have access to over 100,000 streaming videos from two separate services.
- Academic Video Online is the most comprehensive video subscription available to libraries. It delivers more than 64,000 titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more.
- Kanopy streams thousands of titles including classic cinema, documentaries, independent movies, and foreign films.
JoVE Science Education offers quality videos. These simple, easy-to-understand video demonstrations cover a wide range of STEM subjects.
Research Guides: We offer over a hundred research guides to help you find resources. To access them, go to http://libguides.rcc.mass.edu/guideshome
Tutorials: The library has several tutorials to help you do your research. To access them, go to http://www.rcc.mass.edu/library/research-help/tutorials