The RCC Library supports the College’s curriculum through an array of services designed to meet the constantly changing, diverse information needs of RCC students, faculty, and staff; promotes traditional and digital library services through outreach; and advances the success of our community by teaching the information and technological literacy skills necessary to excel in the twenty-first century.
The RCC Library strives to be a transformational leader in student success. We believe that all RCC students are capable of excellence when given the skills necessary to succeed, and in the age of information, more than ever, library staff must empower students to take a proactive role in their own education. The Library will continue to respond to changes in the information society in order to provide the resources essential to preparing students for careers and lifelong learning.
The RCC Library is committed to empowering students to succeed. These are the values that guide us:
- Access: Provide the freedom and opportunity to access all types of information and share intellectual thought.
- Service: Provide outstanding library service in support of student learning.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other RCC departments and with the greater Roxbury community to build lasting partnerships and sustain growth.
- Lifelong Learning: Empower students, faculty, and staff to continue the learning process throughout their lives by understanding how to seek out information.
- Inclusion: Welcome all library patrons, celebrate cultural diversity, and respect the dignity of all people.
- Affordability: Provide support for development of Open Educational Resources to reduce the cost of textbooks and other class materials.