Roxbury Community College Library has several cooperative arrangements with other libraries:
- HELM (Higher Education Libraries of Massachusetts) library network
RCC is a member with other academic libraries that share a catalog, common needs and collaboration aspirations. To find out more about HELM go to: https://libraries.flo.org/HELM-Public/Home
- In addition, RCC library belongs to the Fenway Libraries Organization (FLO). FLO is a consortium of academic and special libraries in Massachusetts. Membership allows all members of the RCC community free access and borrowing rights at all of these academic institutions.
- The library also belongs to the Massachusetts Commonwealth Consortium of Libraries in Public Higher Education Institutions (MCCLPHEI). This provides deep reductions in the purchase of databases using the leverage of the member institutions, which include community colleges, four-year colleges and the several campuses of the University of Massachusetts.
Other Library Catalogs
- If you cannot find the book you need in the RCC Library, try the Boston Public Library or another community college or state college library. All state residents may borrow from the Boston Public Library. You can use your RCC ID to borrow from any state run college library. Here is a list of other library catalogs.
- ComCat (Commonwealth Catalog) https://commonwealthcatalog.org/mvc/
ComCat is the state run catalog that lets you log in and place holds on books from libraries all across the state. From the website: "With access to millions of titles, the Commonwealth Catalog extends your library’s reach to all participating libraries throughout Massachusetts, with convenient pick-up at your local library." You should use ComCat after you have checked the RCC library.