facebook twitter

Transfer Scholarship/FAQ

Transfer Scholarship/FAQ Transfer Scholarships are available at the following schools, or through the following resources:


Please note: 

  1. You have to apply and be accepted at the college/university in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
  2. Find scholarships at the four-year college by visiting the Financial Aid webpage of the four-year college you wish to attend. Scholarships are a form of financial aid and are likely listed on that webpage.

National Transfer Scholarships at Roxbury Community College:

  • Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship (fall only)
  • ALL USA Community College Scholarship (fall only)
  • Edwards Scholarship Fund (fall only, Boston residents only)
  • Phi Theta Kappa (need to be a member of RCC Chapter)

 Please note: These scholarships can be used for transfer to the school of your choice.

ASA (American Student Assistant) located in the basement of The Boston Public Library, Copley Square has an enormous amount of information available about the financial aid process and finding scholarships. 

Boston College Planning Center, Copley Square
Boston Public Library, lower level
700 Boylston Street
Boston MA, 02116

Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions:

 Question.  How do I transfer?
 Answer. Consider the following things prior to transfer:

  • Career choice
  • Major
  • Affordability (Cost)
  • Location
  • Does RCC have a transfer agreement with the specific school

If you can answer these questions you will be able decide what schools to apply to for transfer.

Q. Can I transfer before graduating?
A. Yes, you can transfer with as little as 9 college-level credits to a four year college or university; however, most transfer agreements at RCC require that a student earns the Associates Degree.   Please note: Scholarship money is often awarded to Associate Degree graduates..

Q. How do I find out about a college or university?
A. You can do research about a particular school by visiting their website.  Please pay special attention to information on their website specific to transfer students. Websites are extremely helpful; they can provide the following information:

  • Applications
  • Application deadlines
  • Listing of majors at the college
  • Information specific to transfer students
  • Cost of attendance
  • Financial aid procedures
  • Phone numbers for contacts
  • Open house dates
  • Location information.

Q. Will all of my credits transfer?
A. The school that you are transferring to determines transferability of credits.  However, certain transfer agreements do award full transfer of credits.
(Please consult with a transfer counselor.)

Q. How do I get more information from transfer services?
A. Please attend the transfer information sessions sent via your RCC email or continue to visit the Transfer Activities.