Roxbury Community College provides assistance to our corporate partners as you evaluate and implement recruiting goals. We connect employers to students and alumni for full-time, part-time, internship, or co-op positions. By bringing a RCC student or alumni on board, you will find them contributing to your organization from day one.
We have a wide range of programs and services for employers to take advantage of as you build your company presence on the RCC campus.
Career development activities for employers include:
- Participating as an Internship Site
- Participating in On-Campus Career Fairs
- Participating in On-Campus Recruiting
- Participating in an Industry Panel
- Partnering with RCC by co-sponsoring or presenting a career-related program or workshop
- Participating in one of our resume critique events
A good internship provides a positive experience for both the student and employer. Benefits for the employer when serving as an internship site include:
- RCC interns bring a multi-cultural and international perspective to your business, which is critical in a modern workforce
- Interns bring a fresh perspective to your organization
- Interns reduce recruitment and training costs. A national study reports that more than 20 percent of recent hires came from employers own internship programs
- Sponsoring an intern is a first step to further partnership with Roxbury Community College
- Provide input on the quality and relevance of RCC’s curriculum
Employers are welcome to set up an on-campus recruiting event at Roxbury Community College on a date of their choice. RCC’s Career Services department will provide a table in a high traffic area for an employer to meet with students and discuss available opportunities. This service is best for employers who wish to recruit students from a variety of academic programs. RCC will advertise an employer’s visit and provide complimentary parking.
Be a Career Panelist - Help students even when you are not hiring!
RCC encourages employers to become a Career and Industry Panelist. In less than two hours, employers can provide essential information that will help a student succeed in their chosen field. Serving as a Career Panelist is also a great way for employers to network with others in your field.
To participate in one or more Career Development Activities or to make your employment or internship opportunity available to RCC students, please contact Jessica Rezil at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 541-5336.