Proctoring Services for RCC Instructors
The RCC Testing Center can proctor exams for individual students doing makeups or taking exams with accommodations.
How to Submit Your Exam Materials and Instructions to the Testing Center
We request submissions from instructors at least 5 business in advance. Late or incomplete submissions may be refused.
Schedule a Date and Time for a Student
You may indicate a specific date and time for the exam. If the date and time is available an appointment will be created for the student, and they will get a confirmation email. (Click here to see a sample confirmation email to a student.)
If the date and time you request is not available you will be notified and will be able to resubmit or alter your submission if needed.
Create an Exam Window and Let Students Schedule Themselves
You may also make an exam available for a window of time, and allow students select their own appointments within that window. In this case you will receive a set of instructions you can share with your students so that they can make appointments online or in the Testing Department. Click here for sample instructions.
Submit Your Exam Online Using Register Blast
For step-by-step Register Blast instructions click here.
If you don’t have a Register Blast account yet, email email@example.com to request an account.
You can attach exam documents to your submission (Word, Excel, PDF) and we will print the required number of exam copies in Testing.
OR Use the Drop Off Form
Click here to download the drop off sheet. You can print this out and drop it off along with hard copies of the exam in the Testing Center, Building 3, Room 217. Or, you can fill it out and email it with the exam file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be refused if they are not received 5 business days in advance of the test date or if instructions are incomplete.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for appointments. If a student arrives too late to receive the full amount of time permitted for the exam, the student may not be able to test and may need to reschedule.
- Test takers will be marked as no-shows after 30 minutes and may need to reschedule.
- All test takers are required to store personal items, including all electronics, in the lockers in the Testing Reception area.
- Whiteboards and dry erase markers are normally provided to students for calculations. If students need scratch paper to take your exam it can be provided but you must request it in your instructions.
- A limited number of basic and scientific calculators are available for test takers.
- Any exam aids not explicitly noted in the instructions from faculty will not be permitted.
Paper-Pencil Exams-Testing Lab Procedures
Proctors fill out the test timing slip for the student before the exam, using the instructions submitted by faculty. The test timing slip is left with the student at the testing station, and will be collected with the exam. Large digital clocks are in the Testing Lab visible from all seats for students to track their time.
Students are responsible for adhering to the time limit set by the instructor.
If it is your policy to deduct points for going over time please inform students in advance or include those instructions on the exam itself. The timing slip will be attached to the exam when it is returned to the instructor.
Large Group Exams
There are 23 stations in 3-217. Generally we cannot reserve all seats for group exams as seats must be available for ongoing tests such as College Placement. Occasionally smaller groups may be tested in the lab. Email email@example.com if you have a group testing request.
Questions? Need Help?
Coordinator of Student Assessment
Building 3, Room 220A