GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on
Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission
of ACE or GED Testing Service. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by
GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.
TEST SCHEDULE 2013
GED® TEST REGISTRATION
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABILITES
GED® TRANSCRIPTS AND VERIFICATION
GED® Test Registration Hours
- Monday: Walk-in registration, 10am to 6pm
- Tuesday: Walk-in-in registration, 10am to 2pm
- Wednesday: Walk-in registration, 10am to 4pm
Thursdays and Fridays we do not hold GED test registration.
We're closed all state and federal holidays in accordance with the RCC calendar.
BAD WEATHER REMINDER: In case of bad weather, check local TV and radio stations for school cancellations. If RCC is closed, any GED® exams for that date will be cancelled. Cancelled exams will be rescheduled for the soonest date possible.
About the GED® Exam
The GED® Diploma is the equivalent of a high school diploma. There are five parts to the GED® exam: Writing; Social Studies; Science; Literature and the Arts; and Mathematics. You must pass all five tests in order to earn the diploma. More information about the exams is available here: http://www.doe.mass.edu/ged/geninfo.html
Space is limited. Registration is first-come, first-served; we recommend registering 1-2 months in advance.
GED® TEST REGISTRATION Back to top
See registration hours at top of page. Hours may vary during holidays and in the summer; please call ahead to confirm.
You need to bring:
- A government-issued photo ID with a signature—a current US license or permit, state ID, passport, or resident card, or a valid passport from another country.
- If you are under 18, you must present a letter of withdrawal from your last school of attendance.
- Parent or guardian signature is required for applicants 16 or 17 years of age.
- Payment is due at time of registration. See Testing Fees below.
- Full GED exam: $65
- Retests: $17 per subject
- No-show/Late cancellation (less than 2 business days): $10 per exam
- Damaged test book fee: $250 maximum
Payments must be made by money order. We cannot accept cash or personal checks. Money orders can be made out to ‘RCC-GED.’
DTA clients are eligible to receive GED® Testing Vouchers from their case managers. If you have a new voucher, you must bring it with you when you come to sign up for exams.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABILITES Back to top
Testing accommodations are available for learning, physical, and emotional disabilities. You can read more about applying for accommodations here: http://www.doe.mass.edu/ged/afd.html
If you think that you will need accommodations, contact Danielle Tabela, the GED® coordinator, at 617-427-0060 x5193 or at email@example.com.
GED® PREPARATION Back to top
- For GED® Program recommendations, feel free to call the GED® Office at 617-427-0060 x5048, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are many GED® programs in Massachusetts! For a list of other GED® programs in your area, visit the Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline: www.getrealmass.info/hotline
GED® TRANSCRIPTS AND VERIFICATION Back to top
If you need an additional copy of your official transcript, you must submit a written request.
If you took and passed the GED® exam at RCC, you can order a copy of your Official GED® Transcript.
You can download a copy of the GED® Transcript Request Form and directions here.
You must submit a written request along with payment. If you cannot print the attached form, please send a signed letter which includes all required information.
GED® Office: Building 4, First Floor
GED® Information Line: 617-427-0060 x 5048
GED® Fax: 617-933-7424.
GED® Coordinator: Danielle Tabela