NEXT SESSION: September 15, 2020 *REMOTE COURSE*
*This course will be offered remotely. This means that there are scheduled class meeting times for students to utilize Zoom and access live instruction online*
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is an essential skill, regardless of your field. Acquire the confidence to communicate well as you learn to craft and improve your writing and oral presentations.
Throughout your course, you will:
- Study elements of effective communication: proofreading, clarity, organization, tone
- Identify and target your audience
- Develop brainstorming techniques to start writing
- Practice crafting the most common business formats: Emails, memos, and letters
- Learn to write more concisely and quickly
- Create effective PowerPoint slides to support a short presentation
- Understand basic graphic rules of thumb: color, background, text, images, formatting
- Have the opportunity to make a short presentation to put your newly acquired skills into practice
- Gain confidence to communicate verbally and/or in writing
6 weeks | Tuesdays, 6 - 8:30 pm | September 15 - October 20, 2020
We accept checks, money orders, credit and debit cards. Payment plans or financial aid are not available.
Students should have basic computer skills. No additional textbooks are required to purchase.
- Complete your application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Program Manager will contact you to go over information about your program and information on how to make your payment.
- After your bill has been paid, you will receive an email with class information one week before the start of class.
About the Instructor
Keeana Saxon, Esq. practiced law for over a decade and now serves as a Commissioner on the Liquor Licensing Board for the City of Boston. She has extensive writing and speaking experience and loves helping others learn to be confident, strong communicators.
For More Information
*This is a non-credit course and runs subject to enrollment. We encourage early registrations.*