The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is an essential skill, regardless of your field. Acquire the confidence to communicate well as you learn to craft and improve your writing and oral presentations. Throughout your course, you will:
- Study elements of effective communication: proofreading, clarity, organization, tone Identify and target your audience
- Develop brainstorming techniques to start writing
- Practice crafting the most common business formats: Emails, memos, and letters
- Learn to write more concisely and quickly
- Create effective PowerPoint slides to support a short presentation
- Have the opportunity to make a short presentation to put your newly acquired skills into practice
- Gain confidence to communicate verbally and/or in writing
For an overview of Business Communications program, please take a look at the program flyer.
- Please click here for the Center for Workforce Development Fall 2022 course schedule.
Please click here for your book list.
Please click here for your registration.
Registration closes one week prior to the start of class.
If you would like to contact the Center for Workforce Development, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.