The Learning Center is now in 3-113 F&G (student commons area)
Writing tutors are located in the Learning Center which is located on the third floor of Building 4 in Room 311. It is a place where students can get support to address writing across all disciplines. Offering face-to-face tutoring, the Center also has links to various writing support web sites to help students improve their writing skills. The staff at the Center may hold workshops and presentations for students and classes on a wide range of topics that address writing.
The Learning Center is committed to empowering students across all disciplines to write essays and research papers whose form, grammar, and expression reflect the accepted standards of American English while valuing the unique and individual voices and perspective of the diverse cultures and ideologies of its student body. Students can also use the Learning Center computers to work on papers during open hours when available.
Appointments to meet with a writing tutor for 30 or 60 minutes can be made online through https://rcc.mywconline.net or students can stop by The Learning Center (4-311) for assistance with making an appointment.
Some websites to assist with writing:
Helpful Websites for Writing:
- MLA format: http://library.cscc.edu/mla
- APA format: http://library.cscc.edu/apa
- Grammar & formatting https://owl.english.purdue.edu
- Citations/Format: www.citationmachine.net
- Citations/Bibliography: www.easybib.com
- Grammar check: www.grammarly.com
- English writing videos: www.hippocampus.org
- tutorial on plagiarism and Indiana University test on plagiarism: https://www.indiana.edu/~academy/firstPrinciples/choice.html
- Vocab study cards: www.studystack.com
- Vocab study cards: www.quizlet.com
- RCC scheduler to make an appointment with a RCC tutor: https://rcc.mywconline.net