Roxbury Community College provides assistance to our corporate partners as you evaluate and implement recruiting goals. We connect employers to students and alumni for full-time, part-time, internship, or co-op positions. By bringing a RCC student or alumni on board, you will find them contributing to your organization from day one.
We have a wide range of programs and services for employers to take advantage of as you build your company presence on the RCC campus.
Career development activities for employers include:
- Participating as an Internship Site
- Participating in On-Campus Career Fairs
- Participating in On-Campus Recruiting
- Participating in an Industry Panel
- Partnering with RCC by co-sponsoring or presenting a career-related program or workshop
- Participating in one of our resume critique events
A good internship provides a positive experience for both the student and employer. Benefits for the employer when serving as an internship site include:
- RCC interns bring a multi-cultural and international perspective to your business, which is critical in a modern workforce
- Interns bring a fresh perspective to your organization
- Interns reduce recruitment and training costs. A national study reports that more than 20 percent of recent hires came from employers own internship programs
- Sponsoring an intern is a first step to further partnership with Roxbury Community College
- Provide input on the quality and relevance of RCC’s curriculum
Employers are welcome to set up an on-campus recruiting event at Roxbury Community College on a date of their choice. RCC’s Career Services department will provide a table in a high traffic area for an employer to meet with students and discuss available opportunities. This service is best for employers who wish to recruit students from a variety of academic programs. RCC will advertise an employer’s visit and provide complimentary parking.
Be a Career Panelist - Help students even when you are not hiring!
RCC encourages employers to become a Career and Industry Panelist. In less than two hours, employers can provide essential information that will help a student succeed in their chosen field. Serving as a Career Panelist is also a great way for employers to network with others in your field.
Get started by creating a CareerGateway Company Profile!
To participate in one or more Career Development Activities or to make your employment or internship opportunity available to RCC students, please contact Jessica Rezil at email@example.com or (617) 541-5336.
|RCC Internships/Host Sites
- ABCD Inc
- Access Framingham Television
- BNN TV
- Boston College IT Department
- The Caribbean Foundation of Boston
- Fire Code Designs, LLC
- Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk/Arthur J. Gallagher Co.
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Harvard University Library
- Jewish Arts Collaborative
- Jubilee Christian Church
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Massachusetts State Police
- New England Aquarium
- The Office of the Attorney General
- The Office of the Governor
- On the Rise, Inc.
- South End Technology Center
- State Street Financial Services
- Suffolk County Sherriff Office
- Timothy Smith Network
- Winchester Engineering and Analytical Center - FDA
Intern experience in your chosen career is valuable for future job prospects and furthering your education. Roxbury Community College can help you find an internship that’s right for you. Internships may be paid or unpaid. It is helpful to remember that often your greatest “pay” will be in experience gained and contacts made.
Internship Benefits for Students
- Practice the knowledge you have learned in the classroom
- Earn 3 credits in your field of study (this statement applies for the Academic Credit Internship only)
- Increase confidence and improve academic performance
- Build the experience section of your resume
- Expand your professional network and gain professional references
- Be first in line for related job opening
Academic Credit Internships
Roxbury Community College provides students with the opportunity to take a three credit Internship Course. This course is designed for students in the following programs:
- Broadcast Media & Technology
- Information System Technology
- Administrative Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Liberal Arts
This course is offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters and may be used to fulfill a course requirement or elective (see individual Program of Study for more details).
Steps to Complete an Academic Credit Internship
|RCC Clinical Sites
- Beth Israel Needahm
- Boston Medical Center
- Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
- New England Baptist
Internships require a lot of preparation. Begin preparing at least 8 weeks prior to your desired start date.
- Enrollment in a degree or certificate program
- Completion of English Composition 101, and at least three courses toward degree*
- Possession of a minimum 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0
- Faculty Internship Advisor Recommendation Form signed by Faculty who will supervise the internship
- Attend at least two (2) career service-related workshops
- Students are required to meet with the coordinator of cooperative education prior to course registration to complete an Internship Agreement Form, Develop a Resume, Cover Letter, References and/or identify an internship site
* Consult with program description for any specific course prerequisites
Students who wish assistance in seeking an internship are encouraged to contact the Coordinator
Academic Non-credit Internships
This is an academic program, which allows students to apply classroom theories and skills in a real work experience. Students are monitored by a representative from the Office of Career Development and Internships. This option allows students to begin working in their field of study early in their program. There is no limit to the number of terms a student can participate, and no tuition is charged for this option.
Students seeking a non-credit internship are still required to attend at least two (2) career service-related workshops.
Forms and Resources