Intern experience in your chosen career is valuable for future job prospects and furthering your education. Roxbury Community College can help you find an internship that’s right for you.
Internships may be paid or unpaid. It is helpful to remember that often you greatest "pay" will be in experience gained and contacts made.
Academic Credit Internships - The three credit Internship Course is designed for students in Business, Broadcast media & Technology, Information System Technology, Administrative Information Technology, Science, Humanities, Criminal Justice, Humanities and Liberal Arts. It is offered during the fall and spring semester and may be used fulfill a course requirement or elective (see individual Program of Study for more details).
- Enrollment in a degree or certificate program
- Completion of English Composition 101, three courses in major
- Possession a minimum 2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0
- Faculty Internship Advisor Recommendation Form signed by Faculty who will supervise the internship
- Students are required to meet with the Internship Counselor prior to registering to complete an In-Class Contract, develop a resume, cover letter, references and identify an internship sites
- Students who wish assistance in seeking an internship site are encouraged to contact the Internship Counselor for an appointment, and select an internship on View Internships
- Also review other Internship Resources
Academic Non-credit Internships-This is an academic program, which allows students in all you to apply classroom theories and skills in a real work experience. You are monitored by a representative of the office of Career Development and Internships. This option allows you to begin working in your field of study early in your program. There is no limit to the number of terms you can participate, and you do not pay tuition for this option.
- Practice the knowledge you have learned in the classroom
- Earn 3 credits in your field of study (this statement applies for academic credit internship only)
- Increase confidence and improve academic performance
- Build the experience section of your resume
- Expand your professional network
- Gain professional references
- Be first in line for related job opening
- RCC interns bring a multicultural and international perspective to your business, which is critical in a modern workforce
- Interns bring a fresh perspective to your organization
- Interns reduce recruitment and training costs. A national study reports that more than 20 percent of recent hires came from employers own internship programs
- Sponsoring an intern is a first step to further partnership with Roxbury Community College
- Provide input on the quality and relevance of RCC’s curriculum
Resume Guide for Internships
Internship Application Form
Internship Journal Entry and Time Sheets
Faculty Internship Advisor Recommendation Form
Search for Jobs and Internships
Post Jobs or Internships