Job Description: Human Service, Psychology, Social Work Undergraduate Intern
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Scope of Duties:
- To help assess families’ psych-social needs and individual and family functioning.
- To assist with making adequate in house and outside referrals based on assessments and observations
- To develop advocacy skills in the procurement of external and internal supportive services.
- To communicate family needs to case managers and have input on an individual service plan.
- To participate in case conferences.
- Assist with the coordination of in-kind services to the families of Brookview House
- Log charitable donations.
- Develop a knowledge of in-kind and external, direct care resources
- To follow through on special agency projects as directed by the supervisor: including holiday give-aways, special children’s events, etc.
- To input family and client data into MIS program if assigned
General Requirements: Undergraduate Student in an accredited Human Service, Psychology or Social Work program. Ability to work with a diverse multi-cultural population. Study of or experience in human services, psychology, social work or education, strongly desired. Will consider volunteer experience. Study or knowledge and/or experience with at-risk populations struggling with homelessness, unemployment, substance abuse, domestic violence, and prior criminal offenses desirable. Must be willing to participate in individual and group supervision, case conferences and attend in-house trainings. Must be flexible and able to work some evenings.
2 Brookview Street
Dorchester, MA 02124
For additional information, contact:
Career Development Center
Academic Building 3, Room 207
Roxbury Community College
1234 Columbus Avenue
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120