In order to be invited to join the Society, RCC students needed to have at least a 2.75 GPA. All students who become members paid a small fee, which covered access to the following benefits:
- a pin and t-shirt (which they received during the induction ceremony);
- scholarships and awards;
- success coaches;
- personalized letters of recommendation;
- an online job bank; and,
- partner discounts.
Upon becoming members, RCC students were required to complete four assignments in order to be officially inducted as NSLS members, including:
- Orientation, Leadership Training Day (LTD)
- three (3) speaker broadcasts (this past semester, students watched broadcasts from celebrities such as Al Roker, Jesse Eisenberg and John Leguizamo); and,
- three (3) Success Networking Team (SNT) meetings with other members. These meetings were designed to provide students with the opportunity to network and to encourage each other to set a plan and follow their goals.
Members also have the opportunity to serve on the Executive Board for the RCC Chapter. The Executive Board members for the inaugural semester were Fekadu Mitiku, president, Karianna Isaac, vice president and Sircey Christalin, secretary.
The Fall 2015 Induction Ceremony took place on December 8, 2015; and, we were thrilled to induct 20 very bright and enthusiastic young men and women. Congratulations to all of our inductees!