Community College Library has several cooperative arrangements
with other libraries.
- Its primary group is the
Metro Boston Library Network (MBLN), a group of public,
school, academic and special libraries, headquartered
at the Boston Public Library. RCC obtains cataloging and
circulation infrastructure and services at significant
reduction in price than was possible when RCC was a stand
alone library several years ago. There is a dedicated
T1 communication line linking the BPL with RCC for quick
response time between them.
- Because of the MBLN membership, RCC can take advantage
of daily pickup and delivery of books and other materials
exchanged with other libraries using the library van,
run by the Boston
Regional Library Network, to which RCC also belongs.
- In addition, RCC library belongs to the
Library Consortium , a group of sixteen academic libraries,
most in the Fenway area of Boston and including such schools
as Simmons College, Lesley University, Suffolk University
and the University of Massachusetts, Boston. Membership
allows all members of the RCC community to free access
and borrowing rights at all of these academic institutions.
- The library also belongs to the Massachusetts
Commonwealth Consortium of Libraries in Public Higher
Education Institutions (MCCLPHEI). This provides
deep reductions in the purchase of databases using the
leverage of these twenty-nine institutions--community
colleges, four-year colleges and the several campuses
of the University of Massachusetts.
- Finally, RCC is a member of the Massachusetts
Regional Libraries Systems (MARLS) Cooperative. RCC
in conjunction with hundreds of libraries across the state
get advantageous discount bids from the major book supply
vendors permitting budgets to go much farther than if
Other Library Catalogs
- If you can not find the book you need in the RCC Library, try the Boston Public Library or another community college or state college library. All state residents may borrow from the Boston Public Library. You can use your RCC ID to borrow from any state run college library. Here is a list of Other